KING OF CHESS
Login here to show the Forum link .
KING OF CHESS
Login here to show the Forum link .
KING OF CHESS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KING OF CHESS

THIS FORUM IS ALWAYS OPEN TO ALL CHESS LOVER.

HomeHome  Forum RuleForum Rule  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WELCOME GET ENGINE & BOOK & DOWNLOAD APP IN GOOGLE PLAYSTORE !

Natural TB by Marco Costalba

Go down 
AuthorMessage
st peter
Mod
Mod
st peter

Natural TB by Marco Costalba Empty
PostSubject: Natural TB by Marco Costalba   Natural TB by Marco Costalba EmptySun May 29, 2016 10:24 pm

Posted By Marco Costalba  cheers

Marco Costalba has modified current SF+sygyzy in a way that he has called "Natural TB".

The idea is to use TB but avoiding the unnatural TB scores and in particular the DTZ ones (hiding mates, unnatural sacrifices, etc) but retain the 'good play' of syzygy where 'good play' is defined as follow:

If in a given position SF with old syzygy leads to a win, then it should do also now with 'Natural TB'

For people interested in the technical details, let's add that I have implemented two changes to the current behavior:

1) At root, moves that do not preserve the win or the draw are skipped, but the DTZ score of the remaining moves is ignored.

2) At WDL probing time, deep in the tree, instead of returning an adjusted WDL score, only alpha, draw and beta is returned according if the position is loss, draw or win (cursed win and losses at the moment are ignored).

Marco says "This is still experimental code, so maybe there is some issue moreover for the moment I have not run matches between the 2 versions, I am more interested to see if this version is more "natural" to play than the original but I expect the ELO should be equivalent between the 2 versions."

Sources are here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Natural TB by Marco Costalba
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KING OF CHESS :: COMPUTER CHESS FORUM :: CHESS GAME DATABASE & ENDGAME TABLE BASE-
Jump to: